Tips for Selling Your Home
- Pricing: make sure the price is right. If your home is overpriced, you’re going to have a hard time selling it. Figure out what your home is worth, and talk with your partner on what the lowest you’d come down would be. Prepare to go back and forth on the price with potential buyers.
- Spruce up the interiors: before selling your home, go around and flag different projects you can do quickly before your first open house. This can include a new lamp or lighting, taking items out of your closets, and decluttering shelves and cupboards. Improving all of these small things can also help you be prepared to show your home anytime your realtor calls.
- Remove personal items: while this may seem a bit sad, it’s one of the most important ways you can help sell your home faster. Removing personal items from your home such as pictures, knick-knacks, collections, and keepsakes, allows potential buyers to see their items in your home and envision it as their own.
- First impressions are the only ones that matter: we don’t mean how clean the carpet is or how your home smells. Before a buyer even walks through your front door, a first impression has already been made. This can be the color of your home, the way your lawn looks, or even the street you live on and where the house is located.
- Find the right agent: finding the right agent can be hard, so don’t feel like you need to stick with the first one you meet. Find one who is totally informed about the area your home is in and can advise you about what other homes in the area have sold for and what aspects of your home to play up. Being able to find an agent that embraces technology and knows the area in and out will help sell your home faster.
If you’re looking at selling a home for the first time, and are looking for an experienced group of agents to help you through the process, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is here to help. Give us a call today at (803) 775-1201, or visit our website to learn more about the services we offer.