Why it’s important to work with a real estate professional
Purchasing a home is one of the largest investments you’ll ever make and the process of buying or selling can be stressful but, the good news is, it doesn’t have to be! Hiring a professional real estate agent who is experienced and knowledgeable of the industry will help you navigate the ever-changing market with ease. Still not convinced? Thinking about making a go of it without the guidance of a professional? Check out these seven thoughts from Realtor Magazine:
- An expert guide. Selling a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there’s a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
- Objective information and opinions. A professional realtor can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. Realtors can use that data to help you determine if the property has what you need.
- Property marketing power. The property doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. A large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts with previous clients, friends, and family. When a property is marketed by a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your realtor will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Negotiation knowledge. There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A realtor will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility you need to take that next step.
- Up-to-date experience. Most people sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each sale. Even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. Realtors handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their careers.
- Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most people, property represents the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
- Ethical treatment. Every realtor must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a REALTOR®’s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices John M. Brabham Real Estate Agency has been dedicated to providing quality service to the Sumter, Shaw Air Force Base Community and surrounding areas for over 60 years. Whether you’re looking for properties for rent or houses for sale, our passion is helping you find the place of your dreams!
Our talented team of real estate agents have years of experience working in the Sumter real estate market, and they are trained in all facets of the real estate industry. Our agents are experts at helping you buy, sell or rent real estate. They also provide support for landlords by finding qualified tenants to fill vacant units and providing access to outstanding property management services. Whatever your real estate needs are, our team has the knowledge and the expertise to help you! Visit us online today to learn more and don’t forget to ‘like’ us on Facebook!